Friday, November 12, 2010

Toxic Heart



Britney Spears
 
 In my generation I've notice that most female singers have to appear sexy or beautiful in order to get people to listen to their music. And if people are listen to their music you hope that its for there talent and not there bodies. Look at these pictures and tell me I'm wrong! You can't.




Miley Cyrus
Two of the biggest female artists in the music industry are Britney Spears and Miley Cyrus. While Miley may be newer to the music industry she has made quite the splash. Britney has been around for a while and for some reason were keeping her here. Whether you want to admit it or not you know that it is true! They're the girls you love to hate! But that is beside the point. Look at what they're wearing; does it say listen to my lyrics? No! It says watch me bump and grid like a stripper. I'm not here to bash them because quite frankly I love Miley Cyrus and her music. But I will say the way she dresses is a little much; well less in this case. Today in our society women feel that they must look a certain way!They feel that they must hold up to society's view of what beautiful or sexy is. They feel that if they don't reach that standard they wont get noticed or recognized for there accomplishments! That influence really shows in the pop music industry with the big female stars.

1 comment:

  1. Both of these particular girls were sexualized quite young. Miley Cyrus was actually dancing on a stripper pole on national television before she was even legally an adult.

    ReplyDelete